There are many occasions that provide food where mustard is a common condiment. Whether you like it solely on hotdogs, or you have a love for mustard and put it on anything, it a popular condiment many people keep in their refrigerators. It is good to know what to do when this delicious condiment makes its way off your food and onto your carpet, whatever the case may be. You will have the tools you need to recover from any mustard stain that comes your way with a little help from our step-by-step guide to removing mustard stains from carpet. We at Carpet Dry Tech has listed a few methods to remove mustard stains from the carpet.
Method # 1 for Removing Old Mustard Stains from Carpet
The last thing you want to do is aggressively scrub the stain when you discover the mustard stain. You will force the mustard soak into the carpet fibers even more.
1) Use a clean cloth and blot the stain gently to remove as much mustard as possible instead.
2) With a solution made of 2 cups of warm water and 1 part dishwashing detergent, blot the stained area of the carpet.
3) Combine a bit of dishwashing detergent and hydrogen peroxide in a separate bowl. Create a paste with 1 part hydrogen peroxide and 3 parts detergent is the purpose.
4) Spread the paste onto the affected area of the carpet using a dull-edged tool such as spoon, spatula, or butter knife.
5) Make sure it is turned to its lowest setting using a steam iron. Without actually touching the carpet, line up the iron directly over the stained area and hold it up. To loosen up the stain, hold it there for 30 seconds.
6) Dip a clean towel into cold water. To lift off any remaining mustard residue, continue blotting the carpet fibers.
7) Using a dry, clean cloth until the mustard stain is no longer visible, pat the area dry.
Method # 2 for Treating Mustard Stains to Come Out of Carpet
It may also come in handy when you’re trying to remove mustard stains if in the event you have club soda in your fridge. Below are the steps to get mustard out of carpet using this carbonated beverage.
1) Before doing anything else, carefully scrape away any remaining mustard.
2) Directly onto the mustard stain, pour club soda and blot it with a clean towel.
3) Spray the stain with a mixture of 1 teaspoon of detergent and 2 cups of warm water if the mustard stain is still visible, as it may have disappeared by this step.
4) With cold water, rinse the carpet and blot dry.
You can solve the problem of how to remove mustard stains from carpet since either of the above-mentioned do-it-yourself techniques can help.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Marietta, Roswell, Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, Johns Creek, Atlanta & Greater Woodstock, GA
If the mustard stains are stubborn, call the professionals of Carpet Dry Tech and let our technicians tend any tough stains and are readily available to provide maintenance deep cleaning to preserve your Atlanta, GA carpets.