The last thing most people want to do is replace their carpet. It is extremely inconvenient when living in the home at the time and a large investment that many people avoid for as long as possible. Fortunately, there are many signs as to whether it’s time to replace your carpet, or whether you can benefit from carpet cleaning and/or repairs instead and still have your carpet look like new. Carpet Dry-Tech is here to share some of the signs that are often present when it’s time to clean, repair and/or replace your carpet.
Carpet Cleaning & Repair VS Replacement
The reason to replace old carpet can be different for everyone. We are here to talk about the most common reasons a homeowner or landlord decides it’s time to replace carpet.
– Carpet Staining: No matter how vigilant you are in keeping your carpet clean, spills and stains are bound to happen. Depending on the spill and how cleanup was handled, stains can certainly be stubborn. The good news is they are no match for Carpet Dry-Tech. We can spot treat even the most stubborn and persistent stains!
– Water Damage to Carpet: Water damage can be detrimental to your carpet. It doesn’t take long for mold and mildew to start growing which is a death sentence for your carpet. Mold and mildew can cause serious health concerns for anyone living with it. If you have water damage in your home and it isn’t resolved quickly enough, you could be facing carpet replacement. It’s important to call Carpet Dry-Tech as soon as possible and at least in the first 24-48 hours!
– Other Damage to Carpet: If your carpet has wrinkles, pet scratches, bleach spots or other damage, Carpet Dye-Tech can repair it with our carpet stretching, repair and dyeing services!
– Carpet Odor: Foul smelling carpet is one of the first things that people will notice when they walk through your door. Just like staining, odors can be difficult to remove from carpet at times as well. If you have odors that simply won’t leave your carpet, you should request carpet deodorization services when you schedule your next cleaning.
– Carpet Color Style: If the carpet in your home isn’t timeless, you could be facing replacement quicker than you expected if you didn’t know about Carpet Dry-Tech’s carpet dyeing services. You can choose to go the safe route and choose a neutral carpet color for your home or you can choose whatever color you like with the knowledge you can always go a darker shade or color wherever you choose!
– Worn Carpet Padding: The padding beneath your carpet is just as important as the carpet itself. As time, dirt and dust break down the padding, you may find that the carpet isn’t nearly as plush and comfortable. If you have a worn padding, the only option to solve the problem is replacement.
– Age of Carpet: Most people can count on their carpet lasting 10-15 years before it needs to be replaced. If you have carpet that is much older than that, or close to it, you may want to start thinking about replacement.
Carpet Cleaning, Dyeing, Stretching, Repair, Stain Removal & More in Marietta, Roswell, Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, Johns Creek, Atlanta & Greater Woodstock, GA
Before you replace your carpet, call on the professionals at Carpet Dry-Tech to revive it with our professional carpet cleaning services. We can remove even the toughest stains and odors that will leave your carpet like new again. We also provide our customers with a number of carpet repairs to help you get as many years as possible out of your carpet. Call us today!