If you have tile flooring in your home, you know how low maintenance it can be. A common mistake that many homeowners make with their tile flooring is that they fail to maintain it at all. When you don’t care for your tile floors, they are far more susceptible to damage that will leave them looking unsightly. The keep to keeping your tile flooring in good shape is regular maintenance. Carpet Dry-Tech is here to talk about some tips that we have to help you maintain your tile floors and enjoy them for years, if not decades.
What is the Most Effective Way to Clean & Maintain Tile Floors?
While you can get away with very little maintenance with tile flooring, it isn’t something that you can ignore all together. With some basic maintenance, you will find that you can enjoy your tile floor much more.
– Tile Cleaners: Make sure you’re using the right cleaners on your tile flooring. You may think that tile floors are nearly indestructible, but they still can sustain damage if you aren’t careful. This is especially true if you happen to have any natural stone tile flooring. You need to be careful to avoid any cleaners that have a high acidity to them. The acid in certain cleaners can leave etching that will be something that is permanent.
– Sweep Tile Often: You don’t want to experience scratching on your tile flooring. The best way to avoid this is with regular sweeping. If you are vacuuming your tile flooring, make sure that the beater bars are turned off and there is only suction so that you don’t damage your tile.
– Rugs & Mats: You should always have rugs or mats at the entryways of your home. The debris that is often found on the bottom of shoes can be harmful to your flooring. Make sure that your rugs and mats are a decent size so that the first couple steps will be taken on the mat.
– Spills on Tile: Spills are bound to happen no matter how careful you may be in your home. The key to keeping spills from becoming stains is to clean them up right away. The grout on your tile flooring is especially porous and can soak up any spills that happen quite quickly. Natural stone like traveler one can also be porous and susceptible to staining if you aren’t cleaning up spills right away.
– Dry Tile After Mopping: One way to keep your tile flooring cleaner for longer after mopping is to follow up your mopping with a quick towel dry. This can help eliminate any dirt that will more easily settle on the surface of your floor if it is wet.
Tile Cleaning, Sealing & More in Marietta, Roswell, Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, Johns Creek, Atlanta & Greater Woodstock, GA
Another key to extending the life of your tile flooring is professional tile and grout cleaning and sealing. At Carpet Dry-Tech, we offer tile and cleaning and sealing services to help extend the life of your tile floor and leave your flooring looking its best. Call us today!