There are many traditions that families and individuals participate in with the holidays. The holiday season is often the busiest season for many people such as baking, crafting, cooking, wrapping, and celebrating. Quite a few people will indulge in holiday drinks during the cold months and holiday gatherings. To help you remove a few common holiday beverages from your carpets, we at we at the Carpet Dry-Tech would like to share some strategies today.
How Do You Clean Up Spilled Hot Chocolate?
1) Work on the outskirts of the stain towards the center using a clean towel to blot up as much of the liquid as possible, to avoid spreading the stain.
2) Pour a small amount of cold water onto the area to help dilute the stain and blot again.
3) Combine a tsp of dish wash liquid with two cups of warm water. Dampen a clean cloth with the solution and blot up the residual spot.
4) Repeat these steps until the stain is gone.
5) Use a towel dampened with warm water and clean to rinse the soapy residue.
How Do You Get Apple Cider Stains Out of Carpet?
1) To extract the spilled apple cider on the affected area, begin the process using a clean sponge. You must take proper caution as absorbing the spilled apple cider because you will spread the mess if you are not careful. After removing as much of the apple cider on the carpet, you can proceed to the next step.
2) Combine one-part non-bleach laundry detergent with four parts of warm water to get rid of the cider stain on the carpet.
3) For about 5 minutes or so, spray the solution on the stain and allow it to break it down. Use a clean white cloth and repeatedly blot the stained area afterwards. You will have rinse it out periodically since the cider will absorb into the cloth so.
4) Repeat the previous step until all of the stain is removed. It can take some time but eventually you will be able to completely get rid of the apple cider stain on your area carpet.
5) After removing the stain, the last thing that you would have to do is to rinse the area that you just cleaned. Pour a glass of room temperature water on the carpet and then dry the area properly with some clean rags to finish off the job.
How Do You Remove Eggnog Carpet Stains?
1) Use cool water, to help dilute the remaining stain left in the carpet. Never oversaturate the carpet.
2) As you use a clean paper towel to blot the stain, remove excess moisture.
3) Combine two cups warm water with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of an enzymatic laundry detergent in a spray bottle.
4) Apply the mixture to the stain and allow it time, in order to penetrate and break up the proteins in the stain.
5) After 10-15 minutes, use a clean white cloth to blot the stain.
6) Until the stain disappears, repeat the steps.