Even though there are many different types of flooring to choose from for your home, carpet remains one of the most popular. This is more than likely because it is so comfortable underfoot. However, when you have carpet in your home, there is more than likely going to be some staining that happens from time to time. Knowing how to remove these different types of stains can make a big difference in your stain removal success. Carpet Dry-Tech is here to share our best pro tips for removing some of the most common household stains.
How Do You Remove Deep Stains from Carpet?
No matter how careful you are on your carpeted areas, there are bound to be spills and stains that happen. Following are some tips to remove some of the most common stains found in households.
– Blood: One of the best tools to remove blood from your carpet is hydrogen peroxide. It will even loosen up dried blood that you didn’t catch in time.
– Wax: If you have an iron and a clean towel, that is all you will need to remove dried wax from your carpet. Make sure you lay down the clean cloth and use the “no steam” setting on your iron to transfer the wax from your carpet to the towel.
– Gum: Gum can be a sticky situation when you find it has been tracked on your carpet from the bottom of someone’s shoes. All you need is an ice cube to freeze the gum and then you should be able to scrap it off with a spoon easily.
– Grease: Greasy stains can be a nightmare to remove from your carpet. One of the best tools to do it is dawn dish soap. Not only will it remove grease from your dishes, but a few drops in some warm water will remove it from your carpet as well.
– Beer & Wine: One of the best ways to remove beer and wine stains from your carpet is club soda. You can saturate a clean cloth with club soda and blot at the stain. If that doesn’t work, you can try using a 1:1 ratio of water and vinegar which should do the trick.
– General Stains: Sometimes, you may notice that there are some general stains found on your carpet and you don’t really know what they are. Surprisingly enough, one of the best ways to remove these stains is shaving cream. You can apply it directly to the stain and let it sit for 30 minutes. You should be able to easily blot it away after that.
Carpet Cleaning & More in Marietta, Roswell, Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, Johns Creek, Atlanta & Greater Woodstock, GA
If you have carpet stains that won’t leave no matter what you use to try and clean them, it’s time to call in the professionals from Carpet Dry-Tech to help you remove them. There is no stain so bad we can’t remove it for you. Call us today!