Many people have busy lives and within the hustle and bustle, accidents happen. Accidentally knocking the ironing board over is common, dropping the hot iron tool that is getting your hair ready occurs as well. Smokers often run into incidences when their lit products fall onto carpets. There are even those isolated accidents when kids get curious about a flame and may conduct experiments with your carpet. In any case, there are dozens of scenarios where carpet may become singed. With this in mind, we at Carpet Dry-Tech would like to offer some methods on removing burn marks from carpet.
Method #1 for Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
1) Cut out the burned part of the carpet using a small pair of scissors.
2) Clean the affected area using a sponge and rinse with a mild detergent.
3) For larger than the burn spot, utilize a piece of scrap carpet cut out an area of the carpet. Be sure the color matches and the fibers run in the same direction to help the new carpet blend in.
4) Over the burned area, place the new piece of carpet.
5) Cut around the edges with a utility knife. The carpet below it will also need to be cut. Stop before you get to the carpet padding when you’re cutting through.
6) Remove the burnt piece of carpet out. The new piece of the carpet fitting is essential. You can trim the patch until it matches the affected area.
7) apply the new piece of carpet to the affected area and let it dry for several hours using glue or double-sided tape. Until it’s dry, avoid walking on this patch of carpet.
Method # 2 to Fix Burnt Carpet
1) Gently sand away the burn marks that appear on your carpet with sandpaper.
2) Get rid of any residue using a handheld vacuum.
3) Use scissors to cut these fibers out if you see any black carpet fibers.
4) Visible scorch marks that remain can be treated with a solution that contains 1 part hydrogen peroxide, 10 parts water to remove them.
5) Blot the area with a cloth soaked in this solution. Make certain start on the outside and move into the middle.
6) With water, rinse the area of the carpet and blot dry.
7) Allow it to dry complete.
Method # 3 to Remove Burn Marks from Carpet
1) Carefully cut the burnt part of the carpet out with scissors, box cutter, or sharp knife.
2) Where it won’t be noticeable, snip away some carpet fibers near a wall or inside a closet.
3) Conceal the burn spot by gluing the fibers onto the carpet.
Carpet Cleaning, Repair & More in Marietta, Roswell, Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, Johns Creek, Atlanta & Greater Woodstock, GA
These repairs will only work well if you believe you have the skills to achieve them. Ideally, and in your better interest, it is best to contact a professional. Carpet Dry-Tech can provide expert repairs that achieve flawless results. Call us today to get started!